MIFARE Classic® family
The MIFARE Classic® family is the most widely used contactless smart card ICs operating in the 13.56 MHz frequency range with read/write capability and ISO/IEC 14443 A compliance.
Smart cards based on MIFARE Classic® ICs are a commonly known solution in various applications such as transport, access management and many more.
NXP Semiconductors offers support and local services covering the whole MIFARE® portfolio valued by customers across the globe and value chain.
Improved ESD robustness of MIFARE Classic® EV1 allows further increase of inlay and card lamination production yield.
Additional Originality Signature feature enables to quickly prove card genuineness.
MIFARE Classic® EV1 is available with the future proof 7-byte unique identifier (7B UID) and 4-byte non unique identifiers (4B NUID).
- Fully ISO/IEC 14443 Type A 1-3 compliant
- Available with ISO/IEC 14443-3 7-byte unique identifier
- 7-byte UID or 4-byte NUID
- 1- or 4-kByte EEPROM
- Simple fix memory structure
- Memory access conditions freely programmable
- 2 x 48 bit keys per sector for key hierarchy
- Personalization options (7B UID version only), supporting flexibility within 4-byte- and 7-byte infrastructure, e.g. ISO shortcut, UID mapping and random ID
- NXP originality signature to prove MIFARE Classic® genuineness
- Public Transportation
- Electronic Toll Collection
- Loyalty Cards
- Event Ticketing
- Car Parking
- This product is on sale now
MIFARE Classic® is the pioneer in contactless smart ticket ICs operating in the 13.56 MHZ frequency range with read/write capability and ISO 14443 compliance. It started the contactless revolution by paving the way for numerous applications in public transport, access management, employee cards and on campuses.
Following the broad acceptance of contactless ticketing solutions and extraordinary success of the MIFARE Classic product family, application requirements and security needs constantly increased.
Therefore, we do not recommend to use MIFARE Classic in security relevant applications anymore.
This led to the development of two high security product families MIFARE Plus and MIFARE DESFire and to the development of the limited use/high volume IC family MIFARE Ultralight.